Happy Sunday Runday!
It’s that time of the year where you start to plan out your 2020 Racing Schedule. If you are new around here, WELCOME! If you have been here for a while, you know I love all things running, fitness, nutrition, + wellness.
While I am still deciding on where I want my fitness goals to go this year, I had a few of my personal training clients ask me for help getting their training plans together. So that got me thinking that I wanted to share the half marathon training plan I followed for the Philly Half this year. It really help me feel strong at the starting line.
- Run: Run the listed miles
- Easy Run: Steady, conversational pace
- Tempo Run: Projected race pace
- Cross Training: this is your free day. This could be a class, strength training, yoga, or anything else your heart desires.
- Rest: use this day to focus on stretching + recovery.
- You can always switch the days around for it to fit better in your schedule.
Interested in more training plans? Let me know the distance or time frame of training and I’ll get them up here.
See you on the pavement,