I know it has been awhile since I posted for MatchaMonday. I have been developing some recipes and the first few well let’s say, they flopped. But I didn’t give up. It’s all about trial and error, right?
This recipe I have for you today is super simple + easy. Also, no bake and can make in a matter of minutes. Everyone else is all about the pumpkin spice but I’m all about the green!
Matcha Almond Chia Bites
~ Makes 9 Bites ~
- 6 Dates, Pitted + Chopped
- 1 TBSP Matcha (I used Teapigs)
- 1/4 C Rolled Oats
- 1/4 C Chia Seeds
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (I used a combo of Flakes + Chips)
- 1/2 Unsalted Almond Butter (You can use whatever nut butter your heart desires or almonds)
- 1/2 Scoop of Collagen Protein (such as Vital Proteins)
- 1 TBSP XCT or MCT or Brain Octane oil (such as Bulletproof)
- *Additional Add ins: protein powder, cacao nibs, vanilla or peppermint extract, other nuts, flax seed, or adaptogens
- Chop + pit dates. Add to blender or food processor. Mix until paste is formed.
- Add in almond butter, oats, matcha, chia seeds, coconut, collagen, and oil. Blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Scoop out mixture with a tablespoon to keep bites all the same size and roll into bite-sized balls by hand. Place on parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 – 4 hours.
- If desired, roll bites into toppings of choice: coconut flakes, chia seeds, matcha, nuts, etc.
- Enjoy 1 – 2 bites for a quick snack to crush your workout.
Hope you enjoy these little balls of love.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the recipe!